Standing in Solidarity
Mightybytes stands in solidarity with the anti-racist demonstrations happening in every state across America.
We see the pain that this country’s legacy of white supremacy causes, from the disproportionate health and economic damage that COVID-19 has wrought upon communities of color to the loss of Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless other Black lives due to systemic racism and police brutality. The list goes on and on.
For this reason, we renew our vow not to be silent in face of injustice. This is not the beginning nor the end of our advocacy efforts but for now, unequivocally:
Black Lives Matter.
What We’re Doing
We vow to make the following changes in our business policies and practices:
- Re-evaluate our business policies to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion practices. (As a Certified B Corp and LGBTBE, we already have many of these policies in place.)
- Actively campaign for political leaders who embody these principles.
- Include racial equity causes as part of our annual philanthropic giving.
- Amplify the voices of Black leaders and Black businesses in our ongoing communications.
- Host free digital literacy and advocacy educational events specifically focused on communities of color.
- Have ongoing internal conversations about how to recognize privilege, be active anti-racists, and do the work to change systems that promote racism and white supremacy.
Finally, there is no place in our world for divisive, racially-charged political rhetoric. No one embodies this more than our current sitting President. Below are the logos of some known Trump campaign donors. They will no longer receive our support or our company dollars.
What You Can Do
There is much complexity to these issues but the way forward is crystal clear: stand for justice and equality in every decision you make. As a first step, consider anyone you know on the front lines of these demonstrations and ask what support they need. Beyond that, check out these resources:
- First, read this Twitter thread from B Lab on 4 ways you can take action today
- Second, consider supporting:
- The Chicago Community Bail Fund
- Black Lives Matter (donate to the Chicago Chapter if you’re in our town)
- The NAACP’s Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Color of Change
- The George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Sign a petition. Every signature makes a difference:
- Consider joining us in any of the efforts mentioned above.
- Watch the smart video below that quickly and easily explains why systemic racism is a problem and what can be done about it.
We hope you will join us in building a better, more inclusive future that works for everyone.