Founder & President
Tim started Mightybytes in early 1998 to help nonprofits, social enterprises, and purpose-driven companies solve problems, amplify their impact, and drive measurable business and marketing results.
Speaking & Facilitation
A seasoned speaker, Tim presents at conferences and facilitates workshops in the U.S. and abroad, including the UN-sponsored World Eco-Design Conference in China and Europe’s ICT 4 Sustainability. Tim is a Certified Sustainability Designer through Gaia Education, a United Nations global education partner. Tim co-facilitates their course on Economic Design, part of the Design for Sustainability program, helping students design more regenerative and inclusive economic practices.
Writing & Education
Tim has written four books, which have been translated into multiple languages and are used at educational institutions around the world:
- Designing for Sustainability: A Guide to Building Greener Digital Products and Services from O’Reilly Media
- Two editions of Return on Engagement: Content Strategy and Web Design Techniques for Digital Marketing from Elsevier/Focal Press
- Managing Interactive Media Projects, a project management guide from Cengage Learning
In addition to authoring books, Tim has contributed to dozens of well-known publications, podcasts, blogs, and content platforms. He is a regular contributor to B the Change, the storytelling platform for the global B Corp community.
Finally, passionate about the growing global B Corp movement, Tim is Co-founder and current Chair of B Local Illinois, a place-based group of B Corp leaders working to strengthen the local B Corp community, inspire collective action among B Corps, and support the success of B Corp businesses in Illinois.
He is also the former Board President of Climate Ride, a global charity that produces multi-day endurance events which have raised millions of dollars for environmental nonprofits. In 2013, Tim co-founded Content Jam, now Chicago’s largest content marketing conference.
- B Corps & Stakeholder Capitalism
- Design for Sustainability
- Storytelling for Purpose-Driven Organizations
- Community Organizing