As many as one billion people in the world have some sort of disability. Making your digital content accessible to users with disabilities isn’t just the right thing to do, for many organizations it’s the law.
Mightybytes follows standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 for making web products accessible. WCAG 2.0 is driven by four primary principles:
- Perceivable: Can content be seen and heard by everyone?
- Operable: Can the website be operated without a mouse or keyboard?
- Understandable: Are content and functionality easy to understand?
- Robust: Does the website or product work across platforms, browsers, and devices?
We can help you get a website or digital product that adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 508 guidelines for digital accessibility. Our team will work with you to discover which level of accessibility compliance works best for your needs, then craft a plan focused on achieving measurable results. Why alienate as many as 10-20% of your users when, with some good strategy and a few tweaks under the hood, you can be sure your content is optimized for everyone?
As an example, below is a comparison of how a pie chart looks to a person with no color deficiency versus a person with protanopia colorblindness:
Unsure if your website is perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust?
Here’s how we help our clients be compatible with WCAG 2.0 digital accessibility:
- Accessibility audits: We crawl your site, auditing pages for accessibility improvement opportunities. We work with you to set a baseline and objectives for our efforts.
- Execution: We prioritize your site pages to focus on elements that deliver the highest value first. We cross-reference those with your target budget and timeline to deliver the most optimal results. If necessary, we train your team on good website accessibility practices.
- Benchmarking: We run a comparative analysis of your website before and after our efforts to show you clear improvement benchmarks. If necessary, we revisit the site at agreed upon intervals to make sure things stay on track.
As a Certified B Corp, Mightybytes is committed to creating inclusive websites and digital products that are accessible to everyone. We know it is the right thing to do and makes smart business sense. We would love to help you do this as well.