Optimize your digital products while also reducing your carbon footprint.
Digital Sustainability Services
Reduce your website’s environmental impact while improving performance and usability with digital sustainability services from Mightybytes.
The Internet’s data centers alone may already have the same CO2 footprint as global air travel…global communication technologies will be responsible for more carbon emissions in 2025 than any country except China, India, and the United States.— Mozilla Internet Health Report
Applying sustainability principles to your digital products and services can not only improve their speed and efficiency, but lead to happier users and better business outcomes as well. Driven by web performance optimization, human-centered UX design, and good content strategy practices, our digital sustainability services bundle the best tactics for improving your digital marketing results while also making your website as efficient as possible, reducing its emissions, and powering it with renewable energy.
How Mightybytes Deploys Digital Sustainability
Our digital sustainability work focuses on four key areas meant to reduce a digital product’s greenhouse gas emissions while also improving performance and user experience:
- Performance: How quickly do assets load for users?
- Usability: How fast can users perform tasks?
- Findability: Can users easily find what they need?
- Green Hosting: Are your servers powered by renewable energy?
While other decisions in your business operations and daily processes can impact your digital footprint, our research has shown that these four areas contribute the majority of emissions (while often frustrating your users as well).
Our web sustainability tool Ecograder is at the heart of Mightybytes’ digital sustainability services. Here’s what you can expect from a digital sustainability engagement with Mightybytes:
- Workshop: First, we’ll schedule a short virtual workshop where we’ll map out the criteria required to audit and improve your digital products and services.
- Audit: Next, we audit your digital products, setting emissions and performance baselines and identifying ways to improve the four key areas above.
- Report: Third, we create a prioritized list of recommendations for improving your product over time in the form of a report.
- Implementation: Finally, we execute these improvements over a mutually agreed upon timeline that’s within your budget. Regular benchmarking and reporting helps you clearly understand improvements.
Need a faster, easier to use website that’s better for people and the planet? Drop us a quick line below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Download Our Digital Sustainability Checklist
Learn how to optimize your digital products for people and planet.
Get it here >>