We’re Hiring: Junior Developer
Mightybytes, an established digital agency and Certified B Corp located in Chicago, is looking for a junior developer to join our talented team of creative problem solvers.
If you like to build WordPress-based digital products and enjoy working in a collaborative environment that is driven by a passion for doing good in the world, please consider applying for this remote, full-time position with benefits.
Make a Mission-Driven Career Choice
Mightybytes helps conscious companies, social enterprises, and large nonprofits solve problems, amplify their impact, and meet business and marketing goals. Our mission-driven clients rely on Mightybytes as a trusted strategic partner. Most of them have worked with us for many years. As a junior developer, you will help our team solve client problems and support the digital products and services we provide to them.
Day-to-day, this role will include three main priorities:
- Support our team and clients to solve technical problems and ensure high quality deliverables within allotted budgets and timelines.
- Maintain the digital products and services we build for clients.
- Test digital product and website features to ensure they meet specific project criteria.
Beyond that, our team prioritizes good collaboration, so there will be plenty of opportunities to positively impact internal projects and processes as well.
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years experience creating websites, particularly in WordPress + HTML, CSS, etc.
- Understanding of MySQL, PHP, version control (Git) and other open source technologies.
- Experience with development tools such as Gulp, Webpack, and Babel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail, especially as it relates to software testing and QA.
- A basic understanding of how to use common design tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Freehand, etc.
- Positive, collaborative attitude, a commitment to high-quality work, and a willingness to expand your skills as projects require.
These skills will also be very helpful (but not required):
- Understanding of hosting websites and staging/production environments.
- Familiarity with the WordPress API, React front-end, and JSON.
- You can research, evaluate, and recommend plugins from the WordPress plugin directory.
- Basic knowledge of sustainability principles.
- Experience with deploying WordPress solutions on Pantheon and the Google Cloud Platform.
We prioritize ethical decision-making and continuous learning at Mightybytes. If you like to learn new things, you’ll fit in well here. If you have previous agency experience, even better. For more information on the types of projects we typically take on, please review our portfolio.
As an LGBT-certified Business Enterprise, we always strive to build a more diverse workforce. We look for candidates who demonstrate a high level of multicultural competence and comfort working in an inclusive environment. All applicants to open positions will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Come Work for a Certified B Corp
As a Best for the World Certified B Corporation several years in a row, Mightybytes uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. We offer a workplace that supports the triple bottom line of people, planet, and prosperity: competitive salary, good benefits, mission-aligned clients, and room to grow personally, creatively, and professionally. We imbue sustainability principles into everything we do—including the digital products we build.
How to Apply
Head on over to our Jobs page and complete the form there. Please include your resumé, LinkedIn profile, and any relevant milestones. Under the ‘Position Applying For’ option, choose Junior Web Developer. We look forward to hearing from you.