We’re Hiring: Director of Growth & Impact
Take a lead role in defining the future of our purpose-driven agency.
We’re looking for a Director of Growth & Impact to join our team. For companies like Mightybytes, growth and impact are inexorably linked. This leadership role combines community engagement, sales, and marketing strategy with an impact-focused approach to helping our stakeholders make a measurable difference in the world.
This is a virtual, full-time position with base salary plus uncapped commission and a full benefits package. Chicago area candidates are preferred. Some travel may be required. Sorry, no phone calls or placement agency solicitations accepted.
As a key member of our team, you will improve the company’s positive social and environmental impact by growing existing client relationships within the impact sector and forging new ones.
Your primary responsibilities will be to help us:
- Build Community: through content, events, speaking engagements, online facilitation, and other methods, create shared value and grow relationships with the impact sector.
- Drive Growth: increase the number of impact-focused projects Mightybytes closes.
- Foster Innovation: identify new, impact-focused business opportunities and help us craft new products and services to meet them.
- Measure Impact: analyze and communicate how our efforts contribute to positive social and environmental impact.
Here are some milestones that will drive this position’s success:
- Increase the number of proposals generated for target clients by 25% in the first 6 months.
- Improve proposal close rates among target clients by 15-20% over the first 12 months.
- Grow our audience of potential clients and qualified prospects by 20-25% per year.
- Identify inspiring stories to share with prospects about the impact we helped existing clients achieve.
- Help our community make more responsible, equitable, and sustainable decisions about design, technology, and marketing.
Given our decades-long track record serving the impact community, people in this sector come to Mightybytes seeking advice and answers to questions. Here’s how you’ll help them navigate a constantly shifting cultural and technological landscape while maintaining responsible, equitable, and more sustainable business and marketing practices:
- Lead Events & Workshops: collaborate with our team to facilitate webinars, workshops, and other events that provide value and education to our community, and drive awareness of Mightybytes.
- Community Research: identify business and impact-related challenges that community members are trying to solve.
- Resource Sharing: share knowledge and resources, facilitate introductions between community members to help them quickly answer questions and find solutions.
You will collaborate with our team to identify organizations and opportunities that align with B Corp values and propel our mission forward:
- Funnel Growth: grow the number of prospective clients entering our sales/marketing funnel through various channels.
- Lead Nurturing: build relationships that help us create value for prospects over time.
- Proposal Creation: work with our team to craft exceptional solutions to client problems and communicate those clearly in proposals.
- Close Business: we cannot achieve our mission without converting prospects and warm leads into paying clients.
Help us build an innovation practice for the company and its stakeholders.
- Product/Service/Program Design: identify problems and opportunities stakeholders face, then work with our team to design product, service, and program-based solutions to address them.
- Partnerships: create and nurture strategic partnerships with mission-aligned organizations that complement Mightybytes’ product and service offerings.
- Business Strategy: evolve our own strategic business practices to meet ever changing industry needs.
As a Certified B Corp and Illinois Public Benefit Corporation, Mightybytes uses the B Impact Assessment to measure our impact on stakeholders—employees, customers, community, and the environment. Here’s how you can help us effectively serve these stakeholders and tell a more meaningful impact story:
- Responsibility: help the company and mission-aligned stakeholders amplify their impact through responsible digital practices.
- Equity: identify opportunities to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts within company practices and on client projects.
- Sustainability: design all our solutions with the goal of defining and building a more regenerative economy.
Skills & Strengths
The right candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Mission-Focused: you want to create positive social and environmental change and collaborate with others who share B Corp values.
- Clear Communicator: you are skilled at conveying technical information in clear and concise ways that non-technical audiences can easily understand.
- Seriously Motivated: you are driven to succeed, can prioritize opportunities, are an exceptional closer, and can consistently show progress toward clear goals.
- Friendly & Collaborative: you enjoy interacting with prospects and our team to engender trust and build community. You also value good collaboration and continuous learning, which are at the heart of everything Mightybytes does.
- Data-Driven: you are able to identify holistic growth opportunities and measure performance against core goals over time.
- Consistent: you can show month-to-month results and provide a consistent experience to new and existing customers.
These qualities will also help you find success faster:
- Agency Experience: understand how to sell consulting and digital agency projects in a competitive environment.
- B Corp Knowledge: a working knowledge of the global B Corp movement and can translate that into how you conduct business both day-to-day and long-term.
- Digital Acumen: a proven track record showing that you understand how design and technology can be ethically applied to real-world problems.
In addition to a base salary range of $60k to $70k and our benefits package, which includes health/dental/vision coverage, PTO, and other benefits, compensation will also include a 5 – 10% uncapped commission on new prospect introductions that lead to paid projects.
Start date: flexible (we’re willing to wait for the right candidate).
To Apply for This Position
Please complete the form on our Jobs page to apply for this position. Be sure to include your resumé, LinkedIn profile, and any relevant career milestones that you think we might be interested in. Under the ‘Position Applying For’ option, choose Director of Growth & Impact. We look forward to hearing from you. Sorry, but we’re not accepting phone calls or solicitations from placement agencies or recruiters.
Started in Chicago in early 1998, Mightybytes helps impact-focused organizations solve problems, amplify their impact, and meet business and marketing goals. As a digital agency and Certified B Corp, our long-term goal is to build a more inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy.
Our clients rely on us as trusted advisors and strategic partners. We have forged a strong relationship and good reputation within the impact community, both in Chicago and abroad.
Collaboration is key to how we solve problems, approach projects, and build relationships. We enjoy new challenges that push our limits and expand our always-evolving skills. We value quality, accountability, and continuous learning.
As an LGBT-certified Business Enterprise, we always strive to build a more diverse and inclusive workforce. We look for candidates who demonstrate a high level of multicultural competence and comfort working in an inclusive environment. All applicants to open positions will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.