Mightybytes is looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our talented team of creative problem solvers. If you have 2-3 years of relevant agency experience building websites and digital products using agile methods, please apply.
In this role, you will collaborate with UX designers, developers, content strategists, and product managers to create digital solutions for real-world problems faced by our primarily mission-driven client base. If you enjoy tackling complex business, social, and environmental challenges in a shared setting we would love to hear from you.
Come Work For a B Corp
As a Best for the World Certified B Corporation, we use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. We offer an environment that supports the triple bottom line of people, planet, and prosperity: competitive salary, great benefits, sustainable office (with living green walls!), mission-aligned clients, and room to grow personally, creatively, and professionally. We imbue the principles of sustainability into everything we do, including the digital products we build, and wholly support the entrepreneurial spirit through many in-office activities, such as product incubation, peer-led learning, and employee-driven creative sessions.
We are striving to build a more diverse workforce. We look for candidates who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable building and providing training and support for digital products and services developed by Mightybytes. We’re a small team, so you’ll be interacting with clients directly in this position. Mightybytes also highly values collaboration. You’ll fit in here if you enjoy collaborating with team members to understand customer problems and can come up with creative and simple ways to solve them. In addition to client work, you will help us build a culture of learning and continuous improvement on our team.
- 2-3 years experience working in an agency setting.
- Proven track record of successful web development (with an online portfolio to match).
- Positive, collaborative attitude and commitment to high-quality work.
- BS in computer science, or equivalent experience.
You’re right for this job if:
- You have full LAMP stack proficiency with a portfolio of applications you have built and managed.
- You are familiar with WordPress and other content management systems.
- You understand Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
- You have experience with Git, Subversion, and other source code management tools.
- You have a proven ability to manage integrations with a host of third-party software solutions.
- You have experience handling server attacks and addressing vulnerabilities.
- You’re comfortable using Agile methods to build digital products and services.
Many of our applications involve WordPress for client-side management, so it is also awesome if you know any of the following:
- Familiarity with the WordPress API.
- You have written custom themes and plugins from scratch.
- You can research, evaluate, and recommend plugins from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Ruby/Rails and Laravel experience also great!
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform also very helpful.
NO RECRUITERS! We will not return phone calls or emails from headhunters, staffing firms, recruiters, or offshore vendors looking for outsourced work. If this is you, please DO NOT contact us.
ONSITE IN CHICAGO. This is an onsite position located in Chicago with no relocation expenses. Though we nurture an environment that supports flex time and occasional remote work, our company commitment to collaboration requires that the majority of your time be spent onsite with our team.
If you’re in or near Chicago and think this opportunity sounds intriguing, please consider applying.