Mightybytes is looking for an experienced digital marketing specialist to join our talented team of creative problem solvers.
In this role, you will collaborate with UX designers, developers, content strategists, and product managers to create digital solutions for real-world problems faced by our primarily mission-driven client base. If you enjoy tackling complex business, social, and environmental challenges in a shared setting we would love to hear from you.
Come Work For a B Corp
As a Best for the World Certified B Corporation, we use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. We offer a work environment that supports the triple bottom line of people, planet, and prosperity: competitive salary, great benefits, sustainable office (with living green walls!), mission-aligned clients, and room to grow personally, creatively, and professionally. We imbue the principles of sustainability into everything we do, including the digital products we build, and wholly support the entrepreneurial spirit through many in-office activities, such as product incubation, peer-led learning, and employee-driven creative sessions.
We are striving to build a more diverse workforce. We look for candidates who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We’re looking for a great communicator who can help our clients meet their business and marketing goals and provide support for digital products and services developed by Mightybytes. We’re a small team, so you’ll be interacting with clients directly in this position. Mightybytes also highly values collaboration. You’ll fit in here if you enjoy collaborating with team members to understand customer problems and can come up with creative and simple ways to solve them. In addition to client work, you will help us build a culture of learning and continuous improvement on our team.
To be considered for this position, the right candidate would possess the following:
- Great writing and communication skills. We value clear, high-quality content that is well-researched and tells a compelling story.
- Agency experience is a must. You should have several years of digital marketing experience, at least one of which was working in an agency setting.
- Experience setting up and managing SEM campaigns. Knowledge of Google AdWords is a must, certification is preferred but not required.
- Experience with other advertising platforms, including social media, display, and remarketing, is desirable.
- Competent in data analysis and can assess and report on campaign performance. Google Analytics certification a big plus.
- Knows common content marketing, SEO, email marketing, and promotion tools well: WordPress, Yoast or equivalent, Moz/SEMRush, Mailchimp, social media management tools, and so on.
- A passion for digital marketing and an enthusiasm to learn. This role will vary from day to day and we are looking for somebody who is willing to wear multiple hats.
- An all-around understanding of how digital marketing campaigns are planned, implemented, and monitored.
These skills will also be helpful:
- Photography and basic graphic design skills are certainly a plus.
- Community management skills via social media and experience building and growing online communities would be helpful.
- Project management skills would be helpful as well.
NO RECRUITERS! We will not return phone calls or emails from headhunters, staffing firms, recruiters, or offshore vendors looking for outsourced work. If this is you, please DO NOT contact us. We will not respond.
VERIFIED ELIGIBILITY. In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
ONSITE IN CHICAGO. This is an onsite position located in Chicago with no relocation expenses. Though we nurture an environment that supports flex time and occasional remote work, our company commitment to collaboration requires that the majority of your time be spent on-site with our team.
If you’re in or near Chicago and think this opportunity sounds intriguing, please apply!