Mightybytes is looking to add a smart, talented developer to our smart, talented posse of digital pros.
If you’re a web developer that dreams in PHP, Drupal or WordPress, we want to talk to you!
This web developer at Mightybytes will work with project managers, information architects and designers to bring the functional end of web projects to life.
- 3-5 years experience in PHP/MySQL and WordPress building large-scale websites in a team setting
- A genuine personal interest in learning new technologies, skills and techniques
- Good communication skills and strong problem solving skills
- Expertise in Drupal and/or ExpressionEngine
- You create clean code with comments that others can understand
- Experience developing responsive sites or mobile sites
The following experience is not required, but is helpful:
- Degree in computer science or its equivalent
- Participation in Open Source projects
- Familiarity with version control (GIT / SVN)
- Command line knowledge is a plus
- Administering LAMP stacks and other server maintenance is a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML email best practices
- Knowledge of bug tracking systems and experience using them
We have a fun and flexible creative work environment that carries with it the usual challenges of any deadline-oriented business. We appreciate autonomy and creative thinking as well as good communication skills. We hold ourselves to a high standard, and we really appreciate a job well done. And if you happen to enjoy riding bicycles, shopping for organic produce at the farmer’s market, brewing beer or helping the environment, all the better.
This is an onsite contract-to-full-time position with a 90 day trial period. Working remote is possible but this is not a virtual position. Compensation relative to experience. If you are an overseas or recruiting firm, don’t bother us. (Seriously!)